Thank you for your interest in the Australian citizen science discussion group!
Why join the Group?
How to Join
Using the discussion group
Using the discussion group is easy! Once you have signed in you can start a new post from within the group, or simply send an email message to email@example.com. Anything sent to this address will be seen by all members, so ensure you target your posts accordingly. Note that the first post in a thread will be moderated by the group administrator.
Please read our guidelines for posting before using the discussion group.
Managing email options
When you join up, you will automatically receive one summary email of new activity per day, on days when a new message has been sent. Delivery options (daily digest etc) can easily be set and changed via the Settings command within the group.
Guidelines for posting
- This discussion group is for members of our citizen science community, so keep your posts relevant to the community as a whole.
- Choose the correct type of post for your topic (discussion or announcement), and make sure you include at least one of the mandatory keywords.
- Create clear and concise topic subjects and posts. Subjects should not be in all capital letters. Include only important URLs (posts with excessive URLs will be removed).
- Anything posted in the group will be seen by all subscribers, so ensure you target your posts accordingly.
- The first post in a thread will be moderated by the group administrator.
- Emails sent to the entire group that don’t contain information applicable to the group will be rejected to help keep emails manageable.
- Share your news! The discussion group is perfect for announcing upcoming events, new resources, training sessions etc.
- Do not include personal information. To ensure your safety, security and privacy, never post your email address or any personal information you don’t want to share with the world! Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you.
- Spam. Please, no spam. We are all responsible for keeping our community spam-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial or adult contentment, multiple instances of the same post, posts with unrelated URLs, and the transmission of malware, viruses or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Be nice! Harassing, obscene or threatening language has no place in our group.
- Read a post you love? Feel free to thank or congratulate the poster directly rather than to the whole group unless your reply contains additional information applicable to the discussion.
- Make sure you get permission before sharing any copyrighted material or personal communications.
If you have any questions about using the group, please drop us a line.