The objectives of the Australian Citizen Science Association are:
- to encourage and promote broad and meaningful participation of society in citizen science so people become partners in creating science and increasing science literacy;
- to facilitate inclusive and collaborative relationships and networks with members and key community, science, education, government and business partners, nationally and internationally, to deliver against common goals;
- to support the development of tools, methods, infrastructure and resources to strengthen the practise, use and study of citizen science;
- to support and promote citizen science as an effective and innovative approach in undertaking and delivering research and supporting science outcomes, including education and policy outcomes;
- to establish the Association as a well-functioning and financially sustainable hub and network for discussion, coordination, initiatives and advocacy for members and to promote and deliver the goals of the Association.
Code of conduct
To be developed.