The Australian Citizen Science Association is a vibrant and growing community of citizen science professionals and enthusiasts. ACSA membership is open to anyone with an interest in citizen science. As an ACSA member, you’ll be able to share ideas, pose questions, collaborate on projects, attend networking events and connect with people working, volunteering or fascinated in citizen science.
ACSA became the first association dedicated to citizen science in Australia with a Commonwealth Government grant from Inspiring Australia in 2014. We have now delivered on one of our primary goals – paid membership to ensure the long-term financial stability of the association.
By paying for an ACSA Membership you will unlock access to an expanding range of benefits and opportunities:
- Access to a community of like-minded citizen scientists and practitioners
- The opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences, and build a professional network (through our secure online member directory)
- Access to “members only” pages on the website, and regular email updates
- Quarterly subscription to the ACSA members-only newsletter
- Discounted registration to conferences and events
- Candidacy for a range of prizes, travel grants and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity to contribute to the ACSA website and newsletter
- The opportunity to comment on relevant draft policy and procedure at local, national, government and corporate levels
- The opportunity to work with other ACSA members on events and initiatives (e.g. biannual conference)
- Eligibility to be nominated for and elected to the Management Committee
- Nomination and voting rights at Annual General Meetings and other elections
- The opportunity to facilitate working groups and regional chapters
- Organisations/Corporates: recognition on ASCA website
- Free ACSA T-shirt!
Membership categories and costs
There are four membership categories available: Individual, Concession, Organisation and Corporate.
The following membership fees will apply each year:
Student, senior (60+), pensioner, veteran
Non-profit, government, educational, community-based (up to 5 members)
Corporate companies, groups (6-15 staff)
* May be asked to provide concession card
- All fees are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST
- Organisations/Corporates are entitled to one vote at the AGM per membership
- Organisations/Corporates will have access to all Individual Member benefits for their designated employees (e.g. conference discounts)
Discounts with affiliated organisations
- An affiliate discount (20%) is available to current, fee paying members of the Citizen Science Association (CSA), the European Citizen Science Association (ECSA), or the Australian Museum.
Membership fees and donations to ACSA are normally non-refundable but if you have made an error or change your mind about supporting our organisation, please contact us.
ACSA is a volunteer-based association with committee members providing their time for free. Financial membership will enable us to grow a thriving community that will help to inform and develop citizen science across Australia.
Contact us with any membership or payment enquiries.
Shipping & delivery questions? Please view our Shipping & Delivery policy.