The Australian Citizen Science Association is a vibrant and growing community of citizen science professionals and enthusiasts. ACSA membership is open to anyone with an interest in citizen science. As an ACSA member, you’ll be able to share ideas, pose questions, collaborate on projects, attend networking events and connect with people working, volunteering or fascinated in citizen science.
ACSA became the first association dedicated to citizen science in Australia with a Commonwealth Government grant from Inspiring Australia in 2014. Now, four years later we have delivered on one of our primary goals – paid membership to ensure the long-term financial stability of the association.
By paying for an ACSA Membership you will unlock access to an expanding range of benefits and opportunities:
- Discounted registration to conferences, including CitSciOz18
- The opportunity to contribute to the ACSA website and newsletter
- Access to our secure online member directory
- Access to members-only website content
- The opportunity to work with other ACSA members on events and initiatives
- Eligibility to be nominated for and elected to the Management Committee
- Nomination and voting rights at Annual General Meetings and other elections
- The opportunity to facilitate working groups and regional chapters
- Eligibility for financial assistance to further your development in citizen science
- Free ACSA T-shirt!
ACSA members can be Individual (full fee paying) or Student (half fees). As the association grows, we will explore the potential of additional membership types, such as Corporate.
The following membership fees will apply each year:
*All fees are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST
+Students may need to provide a student card
An affiliate discount (20%) is available to current, fee paying members of the Citizen Science Association (CSA) or the European Citizen Science Association (ECSA).
ACSA is a volunteer-based association with committee members providing their time for free. Financial membership will enable us to grow a thriving community that will help to inform and develop citizen science across Australia.
Contact us with any membership or payment enquiries.