The Australian Citizen Science Association is a vibrant and growing community citizen science enthusiasts! Made up of both professionals and amateurs, ACSA membership is open to anyone who is passionate about citizen science. As an ACSA member, you’ll be able to share ideas, pose questions, collaborate on projects, attend networking events and connect with people working, volunteering or fascinated in citizen science.
ACSA became the first association dedicated to citizen science in Australia with a Commonwealth Government grant from Inspiring Australia in 2014. One of our primary goals was to secure the long-term financial stability of the association. Paid membership helps us to achieve this goal!
Membership benefits – full details
By paying for an ACSA Membership you will unlock access to an expanding range of benefits and opportunities:
- Access to a community of like-minded citizen scientists and practitioners
- The opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences, and build a professional network (through our secure online member directory)
- Access to “members only” Facebook group and specific email updates
- Discounted registration to conferences and events
- Candidacy for a range of prizes, travel grants and professional development opportunities
- The opportunity for coordinated promotion of your project across ACSA social media channels
- The opportunity to contribute to the ACSA website and newsletter
- The opportunity to comment on relevant draft policy and procedure at local, national, government and corporate levels
- The opportunity to work with other ACSA members on events and initiatives (e.g. biennial conference)
- Eligibility to be nominated for and elected to the Management Committee
- Nomination and voting rights at Annual General Meetings and other elections
- The opportunity to facilitate working groups and regional chapters
- Organisations/Corporates: recognition on ASCA website
- Free ACSA T-shirt!
We introduced a new membership structure in 2022. We now use date-based member periods and all memberships will commence 1 July and expire 30 June. We have prorated payment amounts to adjust for different membership periods. You also have the option for automatic renewals. Look for this option at checkout.
Student, senior (60+), pensioner, veteran
Non-profit, government, educational, community-based (2 members)
Non-profit, government, educational, community-based (up to 5 members)
Corporate companies, groups (6-15 staff)
* May be asked to provide concession card
- All fees are in Australian dollars.
- Small groups/organisations/corporates will have access to all Individual Member benefits for their designated employees (e.g. conference discounts, voting rights at AGM).
Discounts with affiliated organisations
An affiliate discount (20%) is available to current, fee paying members of the Citizen Science Association (CSA), the European Citizen Science Association (ECSA), or the Australian Museum.
Inclusive membership for all
In accordance with ACSA values, the Management Committee wants to ensure membership is available to anyone who would like to become a member of the Association. If you are unable to pay membership fees as a result of financial hardship or any other reason please Contact Us describing your circumstances. Your request will be reviewed as soon as possible.
Membership fees and donations to ACSA are normally non-refundable but if you have made an error or change your mind about supporting our organisation, please contact us.
ACSA is a volunteer-based association with committee members providing their time for free. Financial membership will enable us to grow a thriving community that will help to inform and develop citizen science across Australia.
ACSA is grateful to to be partnered with so many wonderful organisations. Click on the logos to find out more about our organisational members.