ACSA Management Committee
ACSA will shortly be calling for nominations from interested persons to join its Management Committee. The following positions will soon be open for nomination and will be voted upon at the Annual General Meeting in November 2018 (date TBC). Terms of office are for two years.
- Vice Chair
- General Members (2)
ACSA is looking for energetic, creative, resourceful and forward-thinking individuals who have vision and understanding of the possibilities and challenges that are emerging in citizen science.
We are looking for people with diverse experience who can contribute at a strategic and practical level to building a strong, sustainable and dynamic Association, so that it becomes the hub for citizen science in Australia.
Commitment required as a Management Committee member:
- Participation in monthly to bimonthly meetings (teleconference/skype).
- Time for activities required under the constitution and such other time commitments needed to undertake tasks and fulfil roles and ensure responsiveness.
- It will be an unpaid position.
To be eligible to nominate as a Committee Member, you must possess at least one of the following “skills and experience” criteria:
- commitment to and experience with citizen science; or
- experience in managing finances and organisational risk; or
- ability to work and communicate with stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes; or
- experience in raising funds and knowledge of funding initiatives; or
- ability to provide time to the activities of the Management Committee and associated follow-up activities.
Nominations for the above positions will open on 12 October 2018. Please keep an eye on our website and newsletter for details.
If you have any questions or for further information, please don’t hesitate to contact ACSA National Coordinator Amy Slocombe (02) 9320 6121.